Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 10 and tough before the breakthroughs!

Day 10 is somehow very hard for me. In fasting, like in many other things in life, there are hurdles you need to get over to reach a breakthrough.

I know there is a breakthrough waiting for me at the other side of day 10, I can sense it. Somehow I can more smoothly go through days 4-9 and then things change at day 10. The temptation to eat and break the fast overwhelms me. I even feel sick.

When you fast and pray you may notice the following:


If you are doing a three-day fast, the temptation to quit will be strongest on day three right before the finish line. There is a blessing awaiting you as you complete the three day fast and the enemy knows that and will stop at nothing to see you fail before you reach your breakthrough.

As you read the Bible you learn there are biblical numbers of days for fasting, such as, 3 days (Esther), 21 days (Daniel) , 40 days (Jesus, Moses), etc.

There are blessings and breakthroughs you will receive at 3 days that you will not at 2 d
ays.

There are also blessings and breakthroughs at 21 days that you will not experience at 20 days.

Just like there are also blessings and breakthroughs you will receive at 40 days that you will not receive at 39 days.

I know I have to see day 10 through, come what may. Days like this it is important to remind ourselves of why we are fasting, pray more, and be encouraged that it is very hard because the breakthrough is just that much more powerful!

2 comments:

I am starting to prepare myself for a 21 day fast. Your blog has been interesting and informative, thanks!

I am happy to hear you found my blog interesting and informative, Hersh!

Thank you for stopping by and following me!

Congratulations on your own journey!

I am following on your journey and look forward to reading your posts as your first one was very interesting!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

 

My-Amazing-Health.com | Amazing-Glutathione.com