Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 11 and how about some laughs!

I feel WONDERFUL!! I can feel God working behind the scenes and I see little miracles everywhere!

I am being tested as well but, I feel the presence of God stronger than I have in a long time!


That is the best part about fasting, feeling the presence of God so powerfully and sensing him and even seeing him moving on your behalf.

No wonder, people who actually fast, want to fast again someday (if only it wasn't so hard.)


Fasting is hard and challenging but it has it's funny moments!

Here are some funny fasting stories?!---


This announcement was really found in a Church bulletin for a National Prayer & Fasting Conference:

"The cost for attending the "Fasting & Prayer" conference
includes meals."


Includes "meals"? LOL! Maybe the meals looked like the cartoon below:


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then the following was overheard in a Sunday school class:

Sun
day School Teacher: One of the most important things we can do for fast Sunday is prepare for the fast. How do you think we should prepare to fast?

Class member: Go to an all-you-can-eat-buffet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
And here's a funny fasting joke by Damon Wayans as he speaks about "fasting" in his childhood:

"My brother's trying to get me to fast. My brother said, 'You gotta fast, like, every month so you can pure your system.'

I'm like, 'You know what?
When we was back in the projects, we fasted.' "

8 comments:

Love the funny quotes! Continue pressing on.

Well, they made me laugh!
Thanks, Evelyn!

Miyo was here. Funny! Me gusto.

Thanks for stopping by Miyo!

LOL! I know Damon Wayans cracks me up! I saw him telling that joke! He's too funny!

I just found your blog and have found it very interesting. I have fasted but only for weight loss reasons, not spiritual reasons. I would like to fast for spiritual reasons - I guess I'm just not sure how to do it with pure motivation (ie - not for the weight loss benefit I know will come with it).

Also - it's Sept 26th today and you haven't posted your daily entry since the 21st - just wondering if you're ok...

Those were funny! Thanks for the chuckles today. Echoing tammyisblessed - Are you okay?

I love the cartoon!

TammyIsBlessed and FruitfulVine2

Thank you both! I am ok! I will soon write an update!

FruitfulVine2- it is always nice to see you stop by!

TammyisBlessed- Thanks for the compliments! and fasting for spiritual reasons is very powerful!

Joy Winner-or-Whiner- Thanks for stopping by! The cartoon is hilarious! Hope to see you again!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

 

My-Amazing-Health.com | Amazing-Glutathione.com