Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 3

Well, it is no wonder to me why so many give up on fasting! It is an incredibly hard challenge.

We tend to forget that the rewards however, are even more incredible!

Today, I have been cranky and tired and had a little headache for awhile--all signs that the fast is working (detox).

I have been soo hungry--thinking it is Monday and I haven't ate since Friday. Going grocery shopping was torture as I can't eat any of the foods.

Even making my son two sandwiches and pink lemonade was a battle of strength.

I have to remind myself why it is I am fasting--
(written on the very first post of this blog).

I am looking forward to day 5 when the hunger goes away.

The hunger only lasts for three to four days and then it becomes more of a psychological battle as we miss food and eating and the satisfaction it brings.

Interestingly, writing this journal on my fasting journey has helped in keeping me accountable. I DO NOT want to have to write a post saying that I gave up on this life-changing journey!

I know that is a reason I decided to write my experiences here--to keep me accountable and to encourage me to not give up! Writing my thoughts also helps so much.

Mostly though, I hope, in my own small way, I can help encourage someone to fast and draw closer to their savior, Jesus Christ by fasting. It would be such an honor to be used by God in such a way. God does not count on our ability, but our availabilty.

As I was putting away groceries and cleaning my kitchen after my children's dinner, I was so tempted to eat. I take those moments and say quick prayers--that always help!

Nevertheless, I was feeling worn down from the fast and then later, I got online to check my email and to write this post and I found an article that talks about Michele Bachmann (a U.S. congresswoman from Minnesota) asking for people to fast and pray to stop the misleading and dangerous healthcare reform that Obama is currently trying to pass no matter what.

You can read what I wrote about the article and the article itself here: http://revelationsoftruth.blogspot.com/2009/08/healthcare-reform-and-wicked-generation.html

What she said actually encouraged me to keep moving forward. I can only imagine what would happen if more people really fasted and prayed! The miracles that would rain upon this nation!

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 14

"Humble" in the verse above refers to fasting.

I do not think it is a coincidence, in this day and age that a government official (despite mocking and ridicule) has asked for fasting and prayer from the american people. And I also do not think it is a coincidence that I happened to read about her comments when I was feeling so defeated.

It was a reminder of the eternal value fasting has as opposed to the temporary value of eating.

It is a struggle, a challenge, and a sacrifice, but the rewards are immeasurable and incomparable!

I pray that anyone reading this, will humble themselves (fast) and pray and seek the face of God!

Until tomorrow, goodnight and God bless!

4 comments:

Mari,
This is your best post yet. I guess you are more connected in spirit.I know you are more connected to the spirit- Your revelations of truth post is proof of that.
God Bless.

Thank you Peter! And thank you for reading
my revelations of truth post! God Bless You too!

I enjoyed your post. Wow, if people would fast, there is no telling how the Holy Spirit would move and change people's lives. I'm headed over to your other blog.

You are such an inspiration.

Blessings to you!

Thank you so much Evelyn! Yes, I hope and pray that more people fast. Oh, the miracles we would witness!

Please know, Evelyn, that your words are such an encouragement!

Thank you so much, my friend!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

 

My-Amazing-Health.com | Amazing-Glutathione.com