Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 5

Yeah! I have completed the fifth day of my fast! Only 35 more to go! Yikes! That sounds crazy~! LOL!

I am not hungry at all, but do continue to crave food, especially when I see people eating around me.

I used to think that maybe that is one reason Jesus went to the desert to fast for 40 days. But, no, after all, he was (and is) the Son of God and he could have at anytime changed some rocks into bread!
He could have even made a big banquet appear out of nowhere if he wanted.



Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.


And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.


But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Matthew 4:1-4


Jesus, the Son of God, had not eaten in 40 days and was tempted as he was hungry in the flesh, BUT, he was filled with the spirit.


He knew that food has no eternal value. It goes in the stomach and is then digested and eliminated.


Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? Matthew 15:17

But the word of God IS eternal.

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you. 1 Peter 1:25

So today and for 40 days I will abstain from food and turn instead to feed my spirit with that which is eternal.

It has not been easy and it won't be easy, but I have a great example to follow!

Today, I had a little miracle happen that will benefit my business. The phone call came at just the perfect timing. I knew it was a "God Wink" to stay the course--the best is yet to come.

I truly believe that many do not ever reach their God-given potential in all areas of their life because they do not make use of the most power weapon we have been given in fasting!


Fasting cleans your body physically, but it also cleans you spiritually, emotionally, mentally, etc. And by fasting you destroy many hindrances that have kept you from many blessings in your life.

Lives are changed through fasting. Health is regained, finances blessed, and relationships restored.


Jesus Christ began his ministry here on Earth by fasting for 40 days. Had he been able to achieve what he needed to in his ministry and at the cross without fasting, he might have. But he knew that what he needed to do would only be possible by fasting.

I leave you with this thought:

If the Son of the Almighty himself needed to Fast to accomplish what he needed to accomplish here on Earth, how much more do we need to fast?

2 comments:

Wow! Mari,
God has already begun to bless you. It was great news to hear what has happened with your business. I love your post today. I know many more blessing will follow. You are on your way.
God Bless!

Thank you, Peter. I am very excited to see what breakthroughs and miracles as a result of fasting and prayer!

God Bless You!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

 

My-Amazing-Health.com | Amazing-Glutathione.com